Friday, January 27, 2012

New Desk


So my writing style has been cramped these last few days/weeks. I have been using a hand-me-down desk and it's gradually breaking. First it was the drawer underneath the top( usually holds the keyboard) but since I only use a lap top, it's ok to be gone. then a piece of the side drawer broke off but the pencils, pens, rulers, batteries didn't fall out so...still good-right. Now the drawer slides have broken completely off and the top drawer sits on the lower and they slide together. If I'm not careful when I open and close it the top drawer can fall off the back and I'm sitting under the desk picking up everything.

I want a new desk, and lucky for me, I actually kinda need one now. SO I have been looking over my options. I want something stylish but it has to be functional. I have a bunch of magazines, notebooks, and handouts etc.. that I like to have close by while I blog or work on books. I also really like office supplies and have quite a collection of pens, markers, a couple staplers, and note cards/sticky pads etc... so there needs to be plenty of drawer space.

I've looked though some internet ideas, what do you think? What do you use?

#1
#2
#3

3 comments:

Lynnea (LaLa) said...

Ok, I am having a hard time choosing between 1 and 2. You know what we should do...... We should go look at ikea!! I know you like the idea :-)

Cathy said...

It depends on the style of your house and where you are going to put it. I really like ikea. Be warned though, my desk is a white one similar to # 3 and the top has little nicks after 2 or so years. Not that it would be that expensive to replace ( a whopping $20.00, I think) or I could just paint the little chipped spots. Ikea isn't the sturdiest most long lasting stuff, but it sure is affordable.

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with the second one... I love the name of your blog, by the way. :-)